UX designer (who codes) with an organized mind, top-shelf communication skills, an exacting eye for detail, and a focus on delivering a beautiful experience. Skilled in balancing business requirements, time and budget constraints, and end-user needs.
February 2006 - February 2014
Principal at Dale Geist Design
- UX design, front-end development, and Drupal site building
- Consult on web strategy
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects, often involving outside resources
- Built a half-dozen Drupal websites for Jackson Family Wines brands from the ground up
- Redesigned Napa Valley Wine Train website
- Designed, built, and maintained a dozen Drupal sites for UBM, a world leader in technology conferences and publications
Design Director at FreshGrass/No Depression
- All design and front-end development for nodepression.com, the world’s leading online roots-music publication (custom Drupal installation)
- Manage branding and create brand assets for No Depression, FreshGrass Festival, and FreshGrass Foundation
- Design and front-end development for freshgrass.org, the website for the FreshGrass Foundation (custom Drupal installation)
- Led a ground-up redesign affecting thousands of existing content pieces and tens of thousands of existing users. Result: net gain of users, pages per visit, and other relevant metrics.
- Leader / key contributor for special initiatives, including:
- #ND20 (publicity campaign for No Depression’s 20th Anniversary)
- Annual Year-End Reader’s Poll
- NDRoots (No Depression’s local initiative)
Partner at Local Music Vibe
Responsible for branding, look’n’feel, and user experience for ambitious live-music community startup. Responsible for all front-end engineering on a custom Drupal installation.
UI Designer at YackPack
Product design and prototyping for award-winning web-based asynchronous voice applications. Web design and front-end coding.
Game Producer at LucasArts Entertainment Co.
Responsible for meeting business and creative goals for AAA game titles for leading publisher. Led in-house and third-party teams.
Senior Game Producer at shockwave.com (Macromedia)
Responsible for meeting business and creative goals for pioneering online gaming site.